Click Here for Map with Links to Cañon City Hikes & Attractions
|Royal Gorge Bridge|
|Tunnel Drive Trail|
Top Things To Do in Cañon City:
|Hogbacks Open Space|
- Experience spectacular beauty and breathtaking thrills at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- One of the most beloved rafting experiences in the country: Rafting on the Arkansas River
- Ride the rails and experience the gorge up-close and personal on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad.
- Enjoy a scenic stroll along the Arkansas Riverwalk Trail
- Hike through the Royal Gorge on the Tunnel Drive Trail
- Explore miles of trails at Hogbacks Open Space
- Hike the Gorge Rim on the Canyon Rim Trail
- Some of the state's best mountain biking is available at Oil Well Flats.
- See fascinating red rock formations at Red Canyon Park
- World-class rock climbing at Shelf Road Climbing Area
- Feeling adventurous? Head out south of Florence to explore the rugged Newlin Creek Trail.
- So much to explore. Fremont County is loaded with outdoor recreational opportunities:
- Fremont Adventure Guide is an AMAZING resource.
- The City of Cañon City has put together a very helpful overview map of the area's many hiking trails (PDF)
|Holy Cross Abbey|
- Explore the shops and restaurants on beautiful and historic Main Street
- Sample local wines and see a gorgeous monastery at Holy Cross Abbey and Winery
- Discover the interactive, state-of-the-art dinosaur museum at Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience
- Learn about Cañon City's unique history at Museum of Colorado Prisons
- From dinosaur bones to Cañon City movie-making at Royal Gorge Museum & History Center
- Check out the shops of nearby Florence, CO "The Antique Capital of Colorado"
|The Wet Mountains south of Cañon City along Hwy 96|
- No visit to Cañon City is complete without experiencing the dizzying Skyline Drive
- Check out the Gold Belt Scenic Byway with various roads connecting the Royal Gorge area with Cripple Creek.
- For another scenic drive, drive from Cañon City to Westcliffe.
- While it's not in Cañon City, Bishop's Castle is in nearby Rye, CO and definitely worth the drive.
- The Fremont County Heritage Commission has put together some excellent "self guided heritage tours" of many destinations in the area.
Click here to visit CañonCityColorado.com for more information on the Royal Gorge Region of Colorado.
Read reviews of restaurants, lodging and things to do at TripAdvisor:
Click here to see Yelp's Top-10 Restaurants in Cañon City.