Click Here for Map with Links to Cañon City Hikes & Attractions
|Royal Gorge Bridge|
|Tunnel Drive Trail|
Top Things To Do in Cañon City:
|Hogbacks Open Space|
- Experience spectacular beauty and breathtaking thrills at Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- One of the most beloved rafting experiences in the country: Rafting on the Arkansas River
- Ride the rails and experience the gorge up-close and personal on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad.
- Enjoy a scenic stroll along the Arkansas Riverwalk Trail
- Hike through the Royal Gorge on the Tunnel Drive Trail
- Explore miles of trails at Hogbacks Open Space including the Dakota Ridge Trail off of Skyline Drive.
- Hike the Gorge Rim on the Overlook Loop Trail.
- Venture out to Temple Canyon to see an impressive, naturally-formed amphitheater.
- Some of the state's best mountain biking is available at Oil Well Flats.
- See fascinating red rock formations at Red Canyon Park
- World-class rock climbing at Shelf Road Climbing Area
- Feeling adventurous? Head out south of Florence to explore the rugged Newlin Creek Trail.
- So much to explore. Fremont County is loaded with outdoor recreational opportunities! Check out the Fremont Adventure Guide -- an AMAZING resource with great information of hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing and rafting opportunities in the Canon City area.
|Holy Cross Abbey|
- Explore the shops and restaurants on beautiful and historic Main Street
- Sample local wines and see a gorgeous monastery at Holy Cross Abbey and Winery
- Discover the interactive, state-of-the-art dinosaur museum at Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience
- Learn about Cañon City's unique history at Museum of Colorado Prisons
- From dinosaur bones to Cañon City movie-making at Royal Gorge Museum & History Center
- Check out the shops of nearby Florence, CO "The Antique Capital of Colorado"
|The Wet Mountains south of Cañon City along Hwy 96|
- No visit to Cañon City is complete without experiencing the dizzying Skyline Drive - while there be sure to hike the Dakota Ridge Trail.
- Check out the Gold Belt Scenic Byway with various roads connecting the Royal Gorge area with Cripple Creek.
- For another scenic drive, drive from Cañon City to Westcliffe.
- While it's not in Cañon City, Bishop's Castle is in nearby Rye, CO and definitely worth the drive.
- The Fremont County Heritage Commission has put together some excellent "self guided heritage tours" of many destinations in the area.
|Downtown Cañon City in Winter|
Click here to visit CañonCityColorado.com for more information on the Royal Gorge Region of Colorado.
Read reviews of restaurants, lodging and things to do at TripAdvisor:
Click here to see Yelp's Top-10 Restaurants in Cañon City.