Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Today

Yesterday, you said tomorrow. 
--Nike ad. 

After years of thinking and dreaming, talking and planning, and then delaying… it was time to explore other career opportunities and to take a big leap of faith and move out to Colorado. Tennessee, you've been very good to me. I moved there not knowing a soul, and it's amazing, looking back, at how it all came together. It was often stormy, especially those early years of getting settled into a career, but I met many amazing and supportive friends and had wonderful opportunities to get involved in the community along the way. So I set out to Colorado this week, not knowing what lies in store. But hopeful and optimistic, and trusting that there's something bigger going on in my life and if I hesitated or relented, somehow I'd always regret it. So here's to today, it's all we have. Let's live it fully without regret. 

Above: Rain clouds welcome me to the plains of eastern Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Rocky Mountain Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!